What Is the HR* Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The HR* is a hard rubber saxophone mouthpiece aimed at professionals and students looking for a traditional versatile mouthpiece. High quality control standards, a beautiful warm sound and a nice free blowing feel make these new mouthpieces amazing players. We feel that this mouthpiece may be the best hard rubber alto saxophone mouthpiece on the market.
Warmth & Beauty
We use only genuine, authentic Hard Rubber so the HR* Series has the look, feel and sound of the vintage hard rubber sax mouthpieces that have always been the most highly sought after. The mouthpieces are faced on a special facing machine and then meticulously hand finished and play tested.
How Does The HR* Do It?
- Genuine Hard Rubber Formula
- Round Medium Chamber
- Even Rails & Tip
- Individually Play Tested
- Unparalleled Quality Control
- Hand Finished Baffle, Tip Rail and Table
- Play tested by Jody Espina
JodyJazz HR* Alto Sax Mouthpiece Available Tip Openings
- C* = .066
- 5M = .072
- 6M = .078
- 7M = .083
- 8M = .090
- 9M = .100
Three Goals in Creating the HR* Series of Saxophone Mouthpieces
- To offer the most traditional style of jazz saxophone mouthpiece: round chamber hard rubber, and demand and obtain the most rigorous quality control possible.
- To create a free blowing hard rubber mouthpiece that allows the lowest and highest notes to speak with equal ease.
- To make a hard rubber sax mouthpiece that can sound beautiful, but also give good strong projection when necessary.
Special Notes on The HR* Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
Expect the JodyJazz HR* alto saxophone mouthpiece to play just slightly brighter than traditional Meyers and Otto Links. This is due to the slightly smaller chamber. Many different sounds are possible on the JodyJazz HR* hard rubber alto mouthpieces. For example: For Classical playing try our C* or 5M model with a relatively hard reed. For a sound similar to Paul Desmond use a HR* 5M or 6M with a harder reed than you might normally use. Play softly and you will hear that beautiful sound with a hint of air it. For a sound more like Cannonball Adderly use a 5M, 6M, or 7 with a softer reed to get that nice jazzy buzz in the sound. (These are just the broadest suggestions. The real answer about sound is for you to experiment and find out what works for you.)