The S.E. Shires Chicago model trombone was designed with the famed Chicago low brass sound in mind. The one-piece, gold-brass bell with a large TII taper produces a rich, broad, complex sound that allows for a wide range of colors at different dynamics. The lightweight nickel-silver handslide produces clear, brilliant articulations. With this instrument, S.E. Shires has created a trombone that plays with incredible stability, and produces a consistent timbre and even response throughout a wide spectrum of range and dynamic—an instrument that captures the best qualities of the Chicago low brass sound.
- CHI Bell: 8.5 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “TII” taper in balanced medium-weight gold brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- S.E. Shires axial-flow F valve
- TY Tuning Slide: yellow brass, drawn tubing
- TX Tuning Slide: “X” Taper, drawn yellow brass
- TB47NLW Handslide: .547-inch bore, lightweight nickel silver, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
(Mouthpiece and case not included.)
Please note that SE Shires instruments can have a longer delivery time as they are custom made, professional instruments. If you are concerned you can check current time scale by sedning an e-mail or calling before ordering.